Institute of Education for Women, Hastings House (CTE)
Institute of Education for Women, Hastings House (CTE)

Institute of Education for Women,
Hastings House (CTE)

Hastig House

Brief History

Long after the period of Lord Warren Hastings, his favourite country residence was converted into a public school. Thereafter it was the official residence of the Resident of the Eastern States of India. After Independence, it housed the Post-Graduate Basic Training College in 1948. Subsequently in 1951 the building came to be used as the Women’s section of David Hare Training College, the renowned teacher training institution. As the number of women trainees increased, a separate Institution was established in 1954, when the decision to create a separate teacher education college exclusively for women was taken to serve the needs of women teachers.

 

Quick Contact

20 B Judges Court Road.
Alipore. Kolkata -700027
E-mail - iewhastingshouse@yahoo.com.
Phone & Fax - 03324797034


Location Map